Saturday, November 5, 2011

New Book: Allied Liberation Vehicles, by Francois Bertin D-Day 1944

While filling some time while Sweet Pea did some work at the Port Townsend Gallery, I wandered down the street to our favorite used book store, William James Book Seller.  I found an outstanding book back in the military history section............ I picked it up for a fraction of the cover price (the book is a brand new!) and it's now in my collection library.


The book is titled:  Allied Liberation Vehicles, by Fracois Bertin.  The book covers all of the vehicles that were used by the US, Britain, and Canada during the D-Day invasion of France in 1944.  Every page is loaded with color photos of actual restored vehicles from collectors all over Europe.  


Each vehicle is covered by a "fact page" that gives all of the pertinent statistics and then is covered with pages of photos and detailed descriptions. 


There are even sections covering the vehicle markings used by all of the Allied vehicles and sections covering the numbering and classification systems as well.


This is an outstanding book that I would highly recommend!  I will be referencing and enjoying this book for years to come, I am sure.

Here are some scanned examples of a few of the "fact pages that can be found in this book:

No comments: