Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Bundesgrenzschutz Kleiderbügel , Bundesgrenzschutz Clothing Hanger

Here is a very unique item that I recently received from a friend and fellow collector, in Germany.  It is an official issue Bundesgrenzschutz Clothing Hanger (Bundesgrenzschutz Kleiderbügel)!  I do not have much information about the age of the hanger, but I can say that it is one of the only ones that I have come across in my travels (other than the other ones in my friend's collection!).


These are the clothes hangers that would have been issued out with uniforms and kept in the troopers locker.

This hanger is constructed of a hard wood (appears to be oak), with steel wire fixtures.  The hook portion appears to be plated in something like a bright copper.  There is a short wood piece that is on the lower part of the metal hook that prevents the collar of the garment from touching the metal and possibly getting stained.  German efficiency even in hanger construction!


The German Eagle is burned into the wood.

Here are a few more photos of this clothes hanger............

No comments: