Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Brooks Seat Cover & Mud Fender

Last week I stopped by PT Cyclery in Port Townsend to check out a sidewalk sale that they had advertised. I picked up a package of Fiz'ik micro-fiber bar tape in white for the LOOK bike and a Brooks Saddle seat cover (The tape was 1/2 price and they threw in the seat cover!). I'll use the cover for whatever bike I'm riding out in the weather...... for now that means the Giant Trance.

We've been getting days of Spring rains so I broke down and made a mud fender for the rear triangle on the Trance. I cut down and heat molded a rear Zefal fender and zip tied it in place. This should keep the crud and mud out of the rear suspension, pivots and drive train. I set a fender like this up on the GT and it has worked wonderfully.

Here are the new additions:



No comments: