Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Vintage Cigar Boxes, 1940's and 1950's


Today's post is on a great trio of old US cigar boxes.  This last weekend, Sweet Pea found the all wood one for me at the local Goodwill Store, and I picked up the other two a few weeks ago over at the local used building supply & miscellaneous store, Waste Not Want Not.  
 
I'll use the all wood box to store my medals and military pins in and after I clean up the paper labeled boxes, they'll be used for patch storage.  I'll let the pictures of these boxes speak for themselves:








The coolest thing about these boxes, aside from the great labels and vintage construction, are the original US Internal Revenue Service Tax Stamps.  The dates the stamps were issued and applied to the boxes is perforated into the stamp.........  If you look close at the tax stamps you will see the dates.  1942, 1945, 1952.

No comments: