Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Mauser Karabiner 98k, and Scho-Ka-Kola Airsoft Ammo Tin

I did a bit more work on the new Mauser 98k......  I finished up most of the aging of the gun metal, drilled and filled the butt stock with foam, added a last coat of Neetsfoot leather oil to the sling, and came up with the perfect ammo tin for the airsoft 6mm BB's.

Last year I made up a replica Scho-Ka-Kola candy tin to carry in the BGS bicycle saddle bags and had every intention at the time to use it to carry some sort of small parts, but didn't quite know what that would be.  Well, I figured it out.......... it makes the perfect ammo tin for the Mauser BB's!  The great thing about it is that a candy tin like this would have been carried by a soldier in the field, so it fits right in with the field kit and camouflages the plastic BB's quite nicely.  Here's a link to my earlier blog posting on the Scho-Ka-Kola posting:



Here's the Scho-Ka-Kola tin with the BB's.........


Here are some photos of the finished Mauser Karibiner 98k airsoft rifle  (Well finished for now at least.  I'm sure I'll find some more things to tinker with and perfect!):

No comments: