Thursday, June 26, 2008

A Field Of Wild Flowers



Well now that Summer has finally found its way to the Pacific Northwest, I thought I'd give everyone a little glimpse of the gorgeous wild flowers that I ride past on my commute to and from work. The yellow lupine smells like pure sugar in the air and the wild Nootka Roses have the most amazing sharp rose scent........... When the air is still, it's like riding through a sea of scents :) These are just the "big ones", if you get down close to the ground, there are dozens more varieties!


Lupine, vetch and yarrow....

These flowers line the trail all the way from work until I hit the tree line and head up through the woods. Simply amazing!



Salmon Berry




California Poppies


And my absolute favorite, the wonderful Nootka Rose!

No comments: