Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Big Bike Weekend

This last weekend we were over in Fremont-Seattle for the Solstice Festival. Sweet Pea was selling her jewelery at the street fair and and I was "support" for the weekend :)


N8 had given me his Cinelli, LOOK Team Issue road bike and I picked it up while we were over there. All I can say is WOW! After one ride on this magnificent machine, I am now officially a "Bike Snob"! Cinelli frame, Campagnolo dropouts, chromed fork and rear stays, Campagnolo drive train, Fulcrum race wheels, Nitto drop bars............... Way smooth and WAY FAST!!!



On Sunday at the fair, I needed to find a T-shirt........ I took a little trek out into the fray and found an alley around the corner next to a vintage clothing shop. They were having a bulk clothing garage sale. The alley was lined with piles of clothes with a sign that said everything was under five dollars. I found a brand new Canondale bike jersey and a LeMond bike T-shirt, both for $1.00 each. I also picked up a vintage Filson jacket from the pre-WWII era for $4.00 !!!!!!! Not bad for six bucks :)



Great weekend, great time, and to top it all off, the sun is out and shining! The weather service is calling for hot summer weather all through the week and next weekend! Wahoo!

No comments: