With the can of "German Police Green" spray paint still half full from the stove repaint job, I decided to finally get around to the make-over I had been planning for the "Novelty Motorcycle Helmet" that I bought a while back to use as the "Bike Helmet" for the BGS bike.
I pretty much stripped it back to a shell and rebuilt the guts. I pulled off the edging from around the rim, cut back the internal padding and liner........... built a new headband-suspension system out of NOS Army webbing and 3 millimeter neoprene, gave the shell a sanding and faired things up and then finished off with several coats of "police green".
The finished helmet is a pretty darn good copy of a post-war Bundesgrenzschutz helmet. It's a helmet that I won't have to worry about using and messing up and will look great on top of the new zeltbahn tent set up! It looks great on as well :)