Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Condor Tactical, Colt 1911 Holster, MOLLE Ambidexterous 1911 Holster


I now have a complete tactical chest rig.......... my Condor Tactical, Colt 1911 Holster and Mag Pouch arrived today!  (Well, I should say that it's now completely functional.... I still have a few more parts to add!).


I picked up this holster from OPSGEAR at a screaming deal.  As usual, their service was fantastic and the shipping was FAST and very affordable.  The holster is officially listed as the MOLLE 1911 Ambidextrous Holster.  It is designed to be set up on either side of a rig and has a removable single mag pouch.  The MOLLE straps are removable so you can switch them from side to side.  The construction is top notch and is right up there in quality and functionality with holsters that are twice or more as much!  Condor Tactical gear has definitely won me over as a loyal customer and user!

The holster is constructed out of Coyote Brown ballistic nylon and heavy nylon webbing.  The retaining snap is heavy duty.  The holster comes with a "battle bungee" that you can slip over the pistol grip to help keep it in the holster when running with the snap unfastened.  My Colt, MK IV, Series 80, .45 ACP fits perfectly..... no slop or extra room.  When Condor says that this holster is for a Colt .45, they mean it!  The mag pouch holds a single magazine loosely, but the Velcro is very adequate and holds it quite securely when fastened down.

I decided to run this holster on the right side of my chest rig, with the mag pouch on the left side.  We'll see how that works out before I try another configuration.  I can already see a need for a multi-mag pouch to replace the single, maybe a double or quad mag pouch.........  But with the way things are set up right now, I am quite happy!


Here are some detail shots of this holster, with and without the Colt .45 and magazine:


No comments: