Thursday, October 21, 2010

Swedish Army Bicycle Medic Bag

While on my usual "patrol" for vintage military bicycle gear, I ran across this little gem........ A genuine, un-issued, Swedish Army, canvas medic's bag designed to be carried over the fender of the standard military service bike. I don't know much more than that. I'll be doing more hunting and research for actual photos of the bags in use or some sort of written documentation. It does appear to be 1970's or newer though.

This baby is BIG and heavy, about 3-4 pounds! The "red cross" emblems a
re actually sewn on, not printed. All of the straps are heavy cotton webbing with metal buckles. As far as I can tell, there are no military numbers, dates or makings on it anywhere.


I'm not sure how I'll use it yet........ I suspect that it will be destined for another bike restoration. Until then, here are some pictures of the new addition:

No comments: