Thursday, January 17, 2008

BURNING MAN! 1/17/08

Burning Man on the mind and we're only a few weeks into the new year, with Winter still in the air. I can almost taste the Playa dust as I'm typing this!

Betsy called last week and we had a great coversation about Burning Man plans........... are we going, art plans, logistics, etc. Then we got a call from Jonathon. He was in town visiting! We got together for lunch at our house on Tuesday and to our surprise, Jonathon and Piper were at the door! Looks like Piper will be headed to the Playa this year as well!
WhooooHoooo!

Yesterday was TICKET DAY!!!! With Kristen on the home computer and me on the work computer, we tag teamed the Burning Man site and managed to score two level one tickets in record time! We entered the ticket sales page about a second after it opened and got right into the queue...........the site did a mini-crash and then Kristen was stuck. I logged back in and found myself with only 126 people ahead of me! All in all, it took about 20 minutes to get through the whole process. When I checked back with the ticket site later, all 10,000 level one tickets had been sold (about 5 hours later!). Glad we jumped in when we did!
Two tickets on their way............. and the countdown begins!

No comments: