Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Polizei Dienstfahrrad Light Mount, The New Light Is Installed, New Identification Placard Installed, Baden-Württemberg Polizei Dienstfahrrad - Truppenfahrrad

The new light is installed on the "new", 1948  Baden-Württemberg Polizei Dienstfahrrad!


Not only is the new light installed, but I also finished up the new Identification Placard as well.  Now the transformation is nearly complete.  I am still holding out for an original Berko dynamo for the light.  I guess I'll be surfing eBay for a while longer!

The new Identification Placard was completed last night, and promptly installed.  It looks great and was exactly what I was shooting for.  I love it when a project comes together so nicely.


The light mount looks great and is very robust and heavy duty, not like the modern bits that are floating around these days.  Finding an old mount like this that was new, and never used, was a great stroke of luck.  The elegant curves of the old style parts really give an installation like this the "right look"!


The Baden-Württemberg Polizei placard is based on a number of period dienstfahrrad "signs" that I have observed in old photographs, and not an exact reproduction based on an original (or maybe I just haven't found that original photo yet!).


I designed the layout and had the lettering, and Baden-Württemberg crest, professionally made on vinyl transfers.  I contemplated hand painting them, but after a few "less than acceptable attempts", decided to go the modern route.  I am glad I did!  The bike looks great.

When the weather gets better, and I have the time, I'll be doing a full "photo shoot" of the bike, and will get those shots posted, but that's for another post.............. for now enjoy a few quick shots from yesterday.













2 comments:

DW said...

Looks great
When and where did you get the front fender hood ordinate ?

Tacketts Mill Farm said...

The Dienstfahrrad looks awesome, truly museum quality.